A Regulation CF or equity crowdfunding campaign must be done through a registered crowdfunding platform. There are about 50 equity crowdfunding platforms registered with the SEC yet only about 20 that are active. Here are our top 8!
- Republic: 80% of Regulation CF funds raised in 2020 came from WeFundr, StartEngine, and Republic.
- Startengine: allows everyday people to invest and buy shares in startups and early-stage companies.
- Wefunder: minimum investment thresholds can be as low as $100 – though most offerings require at least $500 or $1,000.
- Seedinvest: specializes in “highly vetted investment opportunities” as it only accepts 1% of applicant companies.
- YieldStreet: alternative investments across multiple asset classes.
- YieldTalk: real estate, equity crowdfunding, loans, litigation finance, fine art, wine, and more.
- EquityNet: claims to hold the only patent for a crowdfunding platform.
- FrontFundr: leading equity crowdfunding platform in Canada.
Registering on equity crowdfunding platforms doesn’t necessarily mean that your raise will be a success. Platforms are restricted in their marketing efforts so take your raise into your own hands! Read more about marketing for equity crowdfunding.